The Best Wisdom Tooth Extraction Dentist
Located in Dearborn, MI
At Premier Dental Care we regularly perform wisdom tooth extraction procedure, molars, commonly referred to wisdom teeth, are usually last four of 32 to erupt (surface) in mouth, generally they appear between the ages of 17 to 25. They are at the back of the mouth (top and bottom), the entrance to the throat. The term “wisdom” stems from the idea that the surface at a time is associated with increased maturity.
3rd Molar Extractions
In most cases, inadequate in the mouth does allow the wisdom teeth to erupt properly and become functional. When this happens, the tooth can become impacted in an undesirable or harmful position. If left, impacted wisdom teeth can cause infection, damage to teeth, and possibly cysts tumors.
There are several types, degrees, of impaction based on the actual depth of teeth within the jaw:
- Soft Tissue Impaction:The upper portion of the tooth (the crown) has through the bone, but the gingiva (gum) is covering or all of the & crown and has not properly around the tooth. It is difficult to the area clean, food become trapped below the and cause an infection of tooth decay, resulting in swelling.
- Partial Bony Impaction: The tooth has partially, but a portion of the crown remains submerged below the gum and surrounding jawbone, because it is difficult to keep the area clean.
- Complete Bony Impaction: The tooth is completely by jawbone. This will require more complex removal techniques.
Reasons to remove wisdom tooth
While not all wisdom tooth requires removal, wisdom teeth removal are most often performed because of an active problem like pain, swelling, decay infection, or as a measure to avoid serious damage in the future. If one or more teeth are present and untreated, several harmful outcomes can occur.
- Damage to nearby teeth: Second molars (the teeth in front of the teeth) can be adversely impacted by wisdom teeth, in tooth decay (cavities), disease (gum disease), and bone loss.
- Disease: Although uncommon, cysts can occur in the surrounding impacted by wisdom teeth.
- Infection: Bacteria and food can be trapped under the gum, resulting in an infection. infection can cause considerable danger.
- Tooth Crowding: It has been theorized that impacted wisdom teeth can put pressure on other teeth causing them to become (crowded or twisted). This is not universally accepted by dental professionals, and it has never been validated by scientific studies.
Wisdom teeth examination
As with any dental exam, your dentist will want to initially conduct a thorough exam of the wisdom teeth. Panoramic or digital x-ray will be taken for your dentist to the position of the teeth and determine if current problem exists, or the likelihood of any potential problems. The x-rays can expose additional risk factors, as deterioration or decay of nearby teeth. Early evaluation treatment is recommended to identify potential problems to improve the results of patients requiring wisdom teeth removal. Only after a thorough exam can your dentist provide with the best options your particular case.
DEARBORN, MICHIGAN WISDOM TOOTH EXTRACTION
What does the removal in wisdom teeth involve?
Wisdom teeth removal is a common procedure, generally performed through local anesthesia, intravenous (IV), or general anesthesia by specially trained dentist in office surgery suite. This does not require a stay, and you will be released with post-operative instructions medication (if necessary), to manage any swelling or pain.
Wisdom Tooth Extraction
Service Recipient Says
Thanks for doing great work. Also thank you Dr. Beydoun for being so polite and respectful, I really appreciate you guys.Ezell Williams
Best Dentist in the business, highly recommended for all your dental needs. Dr Ghada is the reason I smile! 🙂Hady Beydoun
Dr. Ghada is one of the best dentists the care she shows to her patients is unreal. I do appreciate Dr. Ghada and all the work she does!Jehad Aoun